Under the expert Co-chairmanship of Ken Monzingo
& Bonnie Bagley a great NABC was organized in
I - FINANCIAL
1. From now on next year’s budget (that used to be completed in the Fall) will be finalized only after February 15 of the following year and be ratified at the spring meeting. The “preliminary budget” approved this time anticipates a deficit of $ 65,000 for 2010. Several factors contributed to this figure:
a) Increase in membership dues, short game (less than 18 boards) table fees by 6 cents and fee charges for tournament directors.
b) Expected good attendance from three NABC
c) Reduced cost for bulletin printing.
d) In my opinion, overly generous 4% pay increase and higher benefit charges.
e) Increased cost for new headquarters (presumed moving date is March)
f) Reduced interest income due to lower rates and reduced capital available after purchase of new building. What is inexplicably missing is a possible positive adjustment for pension cost.
2. Increases effective April 1,2010.
Present Rate Future Rate
Membership dues$ 35.00$ 37.00
LM Service 32.00 34.00
Household membership 64.00 68.00
Junior membership 14.00 15.00
New member membership (from Jan 1 2011 only) 26.00 28.00
T/D Session Fees - -
National T/D 155.00 167.40
Associate T/D 155.00 167.40
TD 145.00 153.80
ATD 115.00 124.20
Local 92.35 99.70
3. The Insurance Committee (under my chairmanship has pointed out several serious shortcomings in the Directors and Officers insurance coverage recently obtained by management. Management was ordered either to obtain satisfactory corrections and assurances of proper coverage, or hire and independent insurance expert to evaluate the effectiveness of this policy. Full copy of my Insurance Report is available upon request.
II - TOURNAMENTS AND CLUBS
1. NABC sight selection
I am truly sorry to say that we must have been dreaming to believe that
management will seriously consider
The selection of Providence.
2. Minimum number of boards required for a Newcomer Game (limited to players of 20mp, or even a lower maximum established by the club) is reduced to six (6), and must consist of at least 2 ½ tables ( 2 tables for team or individual games)
3. The Mini Blue Ribbon game (limited to 5000mp) will be a six-session event starting in the Fall of 2010.
4. The Electronic Device Policy at NABCs has been refined.
5. Current members eligibility to participate in ACBL events is determined by his/her mp holding at the monthly cycle printed on the 6 of each month, prior to the start of the event, or tournament.
6. The masterpoint awards have been slightly modified for KO events.
7. A Committee will be appointed to study limiting the number of special games at clubs.
III - POT POURRI
1. Elections :
a) Together with Al Levy, I have been re-elected for another three year term to represent the ACBL at the WBF Executive Council, where I serve as Vice-President.
b) The Eastern (our) zone elected Al Levy to the ACBL Executive Committee and Sharon Fairchild will serve as his alternate for the next three years.
2. Modified some regulations concerning WBF representatives: they are expected to attend all WBF regular and their own committee meetings during the 7 days stay, for which they are reimbursed. Should a representative not be able to attend, (s) he will be replaced by the ACBL President, or a Board member designated by the President, as an alternate.
3. Recommended discipline was changed for various offenses under the ACBL Disciplinary Sanction Guideline. Details are available upon request.
4. Starting 2010 the President of the ACBL will be elected at the Fall meeting.
5. Starting December 1, 2009 a member who is not in good standing ( as defined) - in addition to other limitations - will be removed from the Goodwill and Charity Committee and will not be entitled to.
a) receive any ACBL subsidy
b) participate and receive recognition in masterpoint races.
6. I wish to thank three friends, who leave the ACBL Board of Directors for their many years of outstanding service:
7. Heartfelt thank you to Mike Hartop who has represented Zone One on the CBF Board of Directors for his many years of dedicated service.
WISHING ALL OF
YOU A WONDERFUL